posted Mar 26, 2012, 2:53 PM by Vu Nguyen
updated Mar 29, 2012, 12:40 PM by taoist insight
The correct release date is March 27, 2012. This collection is put together by Arc Entertainment under the Dragon Dynasty venture.
With this set, you get four, yes, four Shaw Brother's classics. Amazon.com
is selling this for $31.49, which isn't a huge savings. If you really have to have this in your collection, I would shop around. There are listings on Amazon with various pricing. The best price that I came across was for $20.78 + $2.98 S & H. That amounts to $5.94 for each movie.
It should be noted that there are two Dragon Dynasty Double Features coming up for sale next month that contain all of these movies in two separate packs. Prices will initially be from $8.50 on down. (I even managed to pick up a copy of a Dragon Dynasty Double Feature one full month early for $5.00. - Craig)
Trivia:The Avenging Eagle (1978)
- In 2002, Bey Logan did a commentary track for the Celestial/IVL release of The Avenging Eagle. Bey Logan is no longer associated with Dragon Dynasty though, so this extra did not make the cut for the Dragon Dynasty release.
Blood Brothers (1973)
- On the initial Dragon Dynasty box art, the title was just "Avenging Eagle" and featured an actor whom didn't even star in the movie. He also was shown to posses Alexander Fu Sheng's feature weapon.
- On the Dragon Dynasty release, Chang Cheh's name is spelled Chang Chah.
- The Blood Brothers' assistant director went on to become none other than
- Ever see Peter Chan's movie The Warlords(2007)? If so, you will be pleased to
know that The Warlords was based on Chang Cheh's Blood Brothers and was previously known as Blood Brothers.
Golden Swallow (1968)
there is yet another movie titled Blood Brothers(2007). That movie was released the same year as Peter Chan's The Warlords(2007) and focuses on a more contemporary setting. It was also produced by John Woo, the assistant director of Chang Cheh's Blood Brothers. Confused?
- Golden Swallow (1968) was Chang Cheh's sequel to the King Hu artistic masterpiece Come Drink With Me(1966).
- The Weinsteins announced on April 2007 that they planned on a remake of Come Drink With Me. The Planned director was supposedly going to be Quentin Tarrantino. However, little has been heard of the project since then.
Killer Clans (1976)
- This is only the second Shaw Brother's martial arts film that I have seen boobies in. The other film was Five Element Ninjas. -Craig
- The Chinese title literally translates into the poetic: (Meteor, Butterfly, Sword)
- On the first initial Dragon Dynasty box art the "s" was omitted from the title Killer Clans.